Carrot Cake Muffins with Maple Icing
Carrot Cake Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 bag Julie’s Real Paleo Caramel Blondie Mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup your favorite Julie’s Real Nut Butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 container plain dairy-free cream cheese (we used Kite Hill)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, or ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp your favorite Julie’s Real Cashew Butter
2. Line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups.
3. Add Julie's Real Blondie Mix, pumpkin pie spice, flax meal, coconut, and pecans to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
4. Shred carrots or pulse in a food processor.
5. Add carrots, applesauce, Julie's Real Cashew Butter and coconut milk to dry ingredients and combine.
6. Fill muffin cups and bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes.
7. Whisk icing ingredients together and chill for at least 30 minutes.
8. Let muffins cool completely before icing.
9. Enjoy or store in the fridge!